The DPE (Diagnostic de Performance Energétique) indicates the amount of energy actually consumed (or estimated) for a building used in a standard way. It is accompanied by recommendations to improve energy performance.
It is established by a professional diagnostician, and attached to the file of technical diagnosis at the time of the compromise (or the promise), then of theauthentic act of sale. It is valid for 10 years.
Since January 1, 2011, advertisements must refer to the energy class of the property for sale (or rent).
Note: From July 1, 2021, the sale and rental ads must also show the climate class.
The DPE is established on any building closed and covered, which has a heating system (other than a fireplace) or air conditioning.
Some properties are exempt from the ECD:
- - Temporary buildings planned for a period of use of 2 years at most,
- - Independent buildings with a floor area of less than 50 m2,
- - Buildings or parts of buildings for agricultural, craft or industrial use, not used for housing, in which the heating or cooling system or hot water production for human occupation produces a small amount of energy compared to that needed for economic activities,
- - Buildings used as places of worship,
- - The historical monuments classified or registered in the inventory,
- - The properties which are intended to be used less than four months per year.
When the property has a collective device for heating, cooling or hot water production, the ECD is provided by the owner of the device, or by the syndic of co-ownership. It is established at the expense of the person who requests the diagnosis.
To know: As of January 1, 2023, a dwelling with a consumption higher than 450KWh/m².an (label G) will be considered indecent and can no longer be rented.